Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions are designed for your safety and are intended to be as simple and legible as possible. It is your responsibility to ensure that all required information you supply to us is correct and accept that this information will be securely stored by us under the terms of the data protection act. This information may be used solely for the purpose of authenticating any of those details but for your added security we do not store any of your credit/debit card information. By confirming a booking by what ever method you and any all nominated drivers are agreeing to accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
- Vehicle Hire Terms
- Breakdown and Recovery
- Hire Period
- Vehicle Collection and Return
All drivers and nominated drivers of our hire cars at the time of hire must;
- be between the ages of 25 and 70 years of age and be in supreme physical and mental condition and not withholding any legal or medical reason why they should not be permitted to drive the vehicle we agree to hire to them. All drivers shall have a valid full U.K. driving licence and have had a full English license for at least 5 years. Drivers between 25 & 30 years will have to have a clean licence.
- not have been convicted in the last 4 years of any of the following motoring offences; All offence codes starting with AC / BA / CD / DD / DR and MS60, LC50, UT50 and not to have been disqualified from driving as a result of any of these offences . One of any of the other remaining offences can be covered but will incur a £20 a day surcharge per driver.
- not have, at any time, been disqualified from driving for 2 years or more
- not have occupations connected with the entertainment profession or motor trade, Foreign Service personnel, couriers, fast food delivery drivers, any sports person or any one not currently employed.
- not have had more than 2 insurance claims in the last 3 years.
- not be a jockey or connected with racing of any sort.
- not suffer from any mental or physical defect, infirmity, fits, diabetes or any heart complaint.
- have had their insurance declined and or renewal refused and or special terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or had their insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
Vehicle Hire Terms
All drivers of the hire cars agree that from the time that they receive the hire vehicle to the time they return the vehicle it will be their responsibility and will be considered to be 'in charge' of the vehicle and during this period agree:
- not to use the vehicle hired to them by us on an aerodrome, airport, airfield or military base provided for aircraft to take off and land or move on the surface or aircraft parking aprons including service roads, refuelling and ground equipment parking areas.
- not to use the vehicle for 1) Hire and reward 2) Racing, pace-making, speed-testing or being in any contest, reliability or speed trials. 3) Any purpose connected with the motor trade.
- not to use any vehicle in any way that contravenes the Highway Code, the road traffic law or any other laws in force at any time.
- not to allow any other drivers to drive our vehicles, or to carry any more passengers than the vehicle is designed for, or to tow or push any other object using the vehicle.
- that when the vehicle is not in use, always leave the vehicle in a safe and secure manner, activating any security devices fitted to the vehicle, closing and locking all windows roves and doors and removing and securing the keys safely away from the vehicle.
- not to use the vehicle in an improper manner or in any way that may cause damage to the vehicle, this includes not transporting any animals or objects liable to cause damage or soil the vehicle. Smoking in or over the vehicle is not permitted at any time and not to load the vehicle dangerously or over the maximum permitted weight.
- that they will not drive the vehicle if they become unwell and unfit to drive during the hire period.
- that If the vehicle is stolen, they must inform the police and ourselves as soon as they become aware of it and obtain a crime reference number from the police.
Breakdown and Recovery
If the vehicle has a problem, drivers are to cease driving the vehicle as soon and as safely as possible. Please do not allow anyone to attempt to rectify any problems; this could result in an injury not covered in the insurance. Please notify us immediately, and then contact the breakdown service company available to you as part of the hire agreement. If the vehicle can not be repaired at the roadside, it will be arranged for the drivers and vehicle to be returned to us. We will endeavour to supply you with an alternative vehicle for the rest of your hire period. If no suitable car is available a refund of equivalent value to the remaining hire period will be offered.
If the vehicle is involved in an accident or incident, you will need to make a written note of the names and addresses of the people involved, all independent witnesses and passengers, details of the other vehicles involved including the registration numbers and the other drivers' motor insurers. Make a note of how many passengers were in the other vehicles. - the time and place of the accident, the condition of the road e.g. wet or greasy and any skid marks - the extent of injuries suffered and damage to other vehicles or property - a rough sketch of the accident including the position of your vehicle at the time of impact. Photographs of the scene of the accident can be useful.
If the accident caused injury or damage to another person, vehicle, property or animal, you must give your name, address, vehicle registration number and show your insurance certificate to any one who has reason. - If any one other than you is injured, you must show your certificate to the police or provide this within the required time frame. Please do not admit responsibility or negotiate any payment or drive your vehicle if it is not roadworthy.
After the accident please do;
- immediately tell the police about all incidents a) causing injury b) of theft, attempted theft or vandalism c) of loss, damage or injury caused by malicious persons.
- produce your certificate of motor insurance and driver's licence on request.
All drivers must notify us as soon as possible and need to complete an accident report form within 12 hours of the accident.
Whilst in charge of the vehicle all drivers
- will be solely responsible for paying any fines or fees incurred for committing any motoring, traffic, parking and any unlawful offences connected with the hire vehicle . We will use the deposit to pay all costs including any chargeable taxes, not recovered from the offending driver/s.
- agree to indemnify us against l) any claims for liability, injury, loss or damage, resulting from your actions, including breaches of our terms and conditions, during the hire period ll) for any loss or damage should our insurance company refuse to pay us any monies due to incorrect information or information withheld by you or any drivers lll) any claims against us by any third party as a result of your actions lv) any claims for liability, injury, loss or damage resulting from your actions outside the period of hire.
All bookings can be made online using our online booking page. When your booking is received, your details will be processed and when our insurance company have agreed to cover all drivers and the booking deposit has cleared we will send an email confirming you're chosen car and period of hire that have been requested are available.
If for what ever reason the car or hire period is not available we will contact you for alternatives. If no alternatives are suitable all monies you have paid to us will be refunded immediately. We will email you with details of the remaining balance which will need to be paid with the security deposit at least 2 weeks before the start of the hire period.
A Security deposit of £750.00 is taken in the form of an authorisation code no later than 2 weeks before the start of the hire period. This would only be activated when necessitated by any of our terms and conditions. If after 2 weeks from the end of the hire period no costs have been incurred the code will be terminated and no money will be withdrawn. Should the deposit have to be used any remaining deposit will be returned to the account from which it came The deposit will be used to cover the cost to repair any damage, to our satisfaction, caused to the vehicle, other than that caused in normal wear and tear, refuel the hire vehicle to its full capacity if not returned with a full tank of fuel, to pay the insurance towards the excess in the event of an insurance claim and any other costs referenced in these terms and conditions.
Any cancellations made 2 weeks before the start of the hire period will entitle you to any money you have paid to us, less the booking deposit, being returned to you. Any cancellations having to be made within 2 weeks of the start of the hire date will entitle you a voucher for the equivalent value of your booking less, the booking deposit, which must be used within 12 months of your original booking date.
One day's hire of our vehicles constitutes a period of 22 hrs From 11.00a.m to 9.00am the following day. If the hire period is for more than one day, maximum period permitted being 30 days, the intervening two hours between 9 and11a.m are included in your hire period at no extra charge.
Vehicle Collection and Return
Before departing with the vehicle all drivers will need to produce their valid driving licence and two utility bills showing their current address and sign the insurance cover note.
All drivers will have a vehicle briefing before they depart. The briefing will include a description and whereabouts of all the vehicle controls and functions. All drivers will also be shown any known defects on or in the vehicle, as detailed on a vehicle inspection sheet, which all drivers will need to sign once all defects have been matched. To allow time for the briefing all drivers will need to arrive 20 minutes before the start of the hire period. All vehicles must be returned before the end of the hire period when they will be asked to inspect the vehicle with us once again to ascertain that there are no additional defects compared with the inspection sheet signed before departure. Once the return checks have been made and there are no discrepancies to resolve we will sign off all drivers and vehicles in the return section of the inspection sheet and the deposit code will be cancelled.
All vehicles will be supplied with a full tank of petrol and should be returned with a full tank of petrol. We will ask each driver to witness this and sign the relevant part of the vehicle inspection sheet. If the vehicle is not returned with a full tank of petrol a fee will be deducted from the deposit. All vehicles with petrol gauges showing less than full will incur a charge of £20.00, and showing less than half full £40.00. Please ensure the vehicles are refuelled with the correct fuel. All drivers agree to pay us any costs as a result of being filled with the wrong fuel, whist in charge of the vehicle.